Thursday, August 16, 2012

Summer Reading

So this summer I have not had the chance to do as much reading as I would have liked to. I did read the L.A. Candy trilogy written by Lauren Conrad and I did enjoy them. They are such an easy read. Sometimes I just need something easy to get my mind off of things and it is better than watching tv, right?

I have been looking for other books to read but a lot of the time when I go to the book store I find myself overwhelmed because I am not sure what is considered 'good' and there are so many books out there. Here's a couple that I think would be good and I would love your opinion if you have read/want to read any of these! Maybe we could get some in the blogging community to start something of a book club. Anyways, here are a few books I am planning on reading in the next few months!



Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
This is on the best sellers list and if you read the synopsis, it sounds really good. It's also Lauren Conrad's book of the month for her online book club
Read the synopsis or buy the book here


Fifty Shades of Grey by EL James
This book is showing up everywhere. I am kind of curious what the fuss is all about!
Read the synopsis and buy the book here


The Fame Game by Lauren Conrad
This is the first novel of her spin-off series after the L.A. Candy trilogy that I read this summer. I enjoyed those books so I think I would enjoy these too. They are an easy, fun read. 
Read the synopsis and buy the book here


Last but certainly not least..The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
I have actually already read this but it is one of my favorite American classics and the movie is coming out soon!
Read the synopsis and buy the book here

What do you think? Have you read any of these? Love to hear your thoughts!
xo, Amy

3 comments:

  1. I want to read TGG again before the movie comes out, but since they pushed back the release date, I guess I have lots of time!

    http://coffeebeansandbobbypins.blogspot.com//

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! What is it now? Summer 2013? Lame! Leonardo looks like he lost a bit of weight for the movie though, making him look more like he did in his Titanic days. I guess it is worth the wait!

      Delete
  2. Love the great gatsby! Can't wait for the movie with Leo :)

    xo-ashley

    www.theteacherdiva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)