Monday, November 19, 2012

My Holiday Movie Guide

No, this post is not about my favorite Holiday films but the few that I am looking forward to seeing over the next few weeks. Sometimes I think that the movies that come out during the winter months are even better than the summer blockbusters (plus it is a better refuge than the mall on a Saturday). Here are a few I am really looking forward to seeing.

image via
Hitchcock
This film looks like it's going to be a good one. With a star-studded cast: Anthony Hopkins, Helen Mirren, Scarlett Johansson, it looks promising. It comes out just in time for the weekend (Nov. 23)! Watch the trailer here


image via
The Hobbit
Okay, this is kind of embarrassing but I absolutely love the Lord of the Rings trilogy. There I said it. I am so extremely excited about this movie I cannot even tell you. I really hope it is just as good as the LOTR trilogy. December 14th cannot come soon enough! Watch the trailer here.

image via
The Impossible
Just watch the trailer. Caution: May cause a tear or two. (Release Date December 21)

imagevia
This is 40
Okay, I am a bit biased. I may or may not have a crush on Paul Rudd. Not because he is attractive (I don't really find him that attractive) but I am drawn to his awkward-ness and how funny he is. I absolutely love I love you Man. I could watch it over and over. This movie may be horrible, or it could be great. We will just have to wait and see. (Watch the trailer, release date: December 21)

image via
Les Miserables
This is another classic that I have never seen nor read but only heard good things about it. I am really excited to see this film. I am sure that it will be amazing! Watch the trailer here. (Release Date: December 25th)

What do you think? Are you planning on seeing any of these movies? Definitely a good date idea since I think the boys might get tired of shopping all the time!

Thanks for reading!

xo

P.S. If you were wondering, may favorite Christmas movies are definitely the Home Alone's with Macaulay Culken (especially when he is lost in New York) and the Santa Claus :) What about you!?

3 comments:

  1. I think I might see The Impossible! I'm typically not a movie person, but I tend to catch up on my movies during the holidays :)

    xo, tasha
    Enter to win a monogram pendant necklace

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband loves all Paul Rudd movies too! I'm sure he'll want to see the newest one :)

    www.daisyraeboutique.com
    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can hardly contain my excitement for Les Mis!! I'm sad that The Great Gatsby was pushed back to next summer - I was really looking forward to it, too!

    I think that a lot of the good movies come out at Christmas time to be fresh for but still making the deadline for Oscar noms. Pretty good plan if you ask me! ;)

    xx, Jordan
    opal-and-violet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)