Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Giving Thanks

image via
Thanksgiving is a holiday to spend thinking about everything you are thankful for (and eating a ton of food). I find it a good time to think of all the things that I am thankful for and may take for granted on a daily basis.
 Here are a few things I am thankful for. 

My Family- Let's be honest, you drive me crazy on a daily basis but I would not change you  for anyone else. Especially you, mom, thanks for being one of my very best friends. 

My Grandparents- Thank you for always supporting me in whatever I do and taking me on your adventures. You have allowed me to experience life in ways I would not have been able to and I am forever grateful. I love you both. 

Brady- Thank you for putting up with all my crap, taking photos for my blog, and loving me unconditionally. I love you more than you will ever know.

My Friends- There are too many to name (and I don't want to leave anyone out), thank you for always being there for me through everything. There have been good times, bad times, fun times, and sad times. Now I am starting to sound like Dr. Seuss but I truly believe there is a reason that each one of you has come into my life and each and every one of you has contributed to it in a positive way. I love you all!

My Readers- Thank you for taking the time out of your day to read my blog. It really means so much to me. I love meeting new people through the blogging community and think that each and every one of you contribute something unique and I am grateful that you are willing to share that. 

Those are just a few things that I am thankful for. I hope you will also take some time out in the next couple of days to think about what you are thankful for!


image via

I also wanted to share this recipe of my mom's Sourdough Stuffing. 


This is a favorite of my entire family – the measurements depend on how much stuffing/dressing you want – I usually use two loafs of Sourdough French bread .
  I make enough to stuff the bird (dressing)and bake extra in the oven (stuffing).


      Sourdough Bread cut into 1 inch cubes – do this a few days ahead so they can get stale I leave the cubes on cookie sheets in the oven, so the dog doesn’t get them.

1  yellow onion – chopped pretty fine
2-3 celery  stalks – chopped  fine
2 carrots – chopped fine
  fresh parsley chopped fine
   salt /pepper to taste
  Poultry seasoning- to taste
     1 stick Butter
 1-2 cups chicken/turkey broth – this needs adjustment depending on how much bread. You do not want it soggy

1. In a large skillet melt butter, add parsley onion, celery and carrots cook until onions are translucent 5-15 minutes you do not want to brown the onions- Stir often

2. salt and pepper to taste – remember the sourness of the bread will come out- SUPER YUMMY.

3. Add bread stir around and allow to soak up some of  the flavor to onion, celery and carrot mixture

4. Add broth stir and turn off stove place lid on skillet let the stuffing sweat.

5. Once cooled a bit you can stuff the bird and/or place in casserole dish and bake 325-350 degrees for about an hour or until crispy on top.


6. Enjoy!


Thanks so much for reading. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

xo

2 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving!


    It would mean a lot if you could check out my blog and leave a comment, I would love to hear what you think!


    xo
    Deanne

    http://myfashavenue.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)