Tuesday, September 18, 2012

dessertS

Sadly enough, I spent 90% of my weekend looking like this:

image via

Hence the lack of posts this week, sorry about that! 
 I'm sure everyone has been in a similar state of just being purely overwhelmed with everything that you have to do, and usually a lack of time to do it. In our society we are all SO busy but stress can lead to many horrible things. I won't go into detail about those bad things because I am not trying to scare you but everyone needs to have a way to relax.  
So I just wanted to share with you my top 5 ways to de-stress (not in any order)!

1. Yoga
image via
I know this is a total cliche, but yoga has truly helped me in so many ways. It took me a while to get into it, but I soon found how many different types of yoga there are! I really do believe that there is something for everyone. The best part about this for me is that my local Lululemon store has a free yoga class every Sunday. This has been the best part to end my weekend and rejuvenate for the week. I think that many of the Lululemon stores do something similar to this, so it's worth looking into! (Plus, they have some of the CUTEST workout clothes around!)

2. Exercise (in general)
image via
Everyone has heard this a million times but, exercise really is good for you! Especially for college students (like myself), when you are studying one of the best possible things you can do in-between study sessions is go exercise. Anything! A walk, a run, small exercises even in front of the TV. It helps stimulate the brain and it also gives you energy. This is important for overall health, and it does help reduce stress. 

3. Get Organized
image via
I know I always feel much better when everything is organized. One thing I am really weird about is that whenever I leave town for vacation I always clean my apartment beforehand. Nothing feels better than coming home to a clean, organized house! Sometimes I even have to clean my apartment before I can get anything done because it drives me nuts! 

4. Do something for YOU
image via
Doing something that you enjoy can help reduce stress. Whether it's getting a drink with friends, reading a book, or just watching your favorite reality TV show. One of my favorite things to do is to go get coffee and dessert or dinner with friends. Just being around other people helps me get out of my head and relax. 

5. When all else fails, let it go
image via
This does not mean to give up, but sometimes things are out of your control and there is nothing else you can do! Talking to someone, a good friend, about whatever you are struggling with can help but sometimes there really is nothing you can do.

Those are a few things that I tend to do when I am stressed. I hope that I have inspired you to take some time out for yourself and de-stress.
Thank you so much for reading!

xo,
Amy

(disclaimer: these are all my personal views)



6 comments:

  1. Heres to hoping you feel less stressed in the coming days! Treat yourself to some desserts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great and helpful post. I totally agree on all of those though I haven't gotten in to yoga too much...it so helpful for relaxation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tips! Organizing and exercising always help me :)

    www.daisyraeboutique.com
    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love yoga too, i must start doing it again.

    if you have a minute, i'd love to hear what you thin of my new outfit post!


    Eimear X

    http://supposeishouldblog.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  5. great suggestions! I totally relate to the need for feeling organized...xx

    www.glittersgold.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list!! I also try to take time to myself when I'm stressed out. And I'd love to do yoga but I've never tried before.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)