Wednesday, March 27, 2013

DC: Part Two

Here's some photos from my second day in DC. We went back to the National Mall because we had walked SO much the day before that all of us felt like our feet were about to fall off and I still wanted to go to the Lincoln Memorial. 

Reflecting Pool
After we went to the Lincoln Memorial, we went to the National Zoo (also free!). 
The flamingos are my favorite! How weird is it that they can wrap their necks up and stand on one leg when they sleep?
After the zoo, since we were so close to Georgetown, I had to stop by Georgetown Cupcake!
(sorry for the iPhone photos, I did not want to be one of 'those' pulling out their huge camera)

The line moves pretty quick and trust me, the cupcakes are worth it. Many of these places that have TV shows don't usually live up to the hype, in my opinion. Georgetown Cupcake totally did. In the back of the above right picture is the bedazzled Kitchen Aid mixer. Who wouldn't love one of those?

The scrumptious morsels themselves. My favorite was the one with the shamrock on it (boston creme) but of course I had to get the signature red velvet which was also very delicious. Overall, if you are in Georgetown and love cupcakes, go to Georgetown Cupcake.

Only one more post about my trip to DC tomorrow! I can't wait to show you some snapshots of where I grew up. Hope you have a wonderful Wednesday! 

1 comment:

  1. Seriously need to plan a trip to DC. Looks like such much fun. I hope you had a fabulous weekend, love. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)