Monday, March 25, 2013

DC: Part 1

Hello! I am sorry for disappearing without a trace, that was not my intention at all. 
I have had a busy past couple of weeks and I cannot wait to share some of my adventures with you!
These are all from my first day in DC. I was out there to visit my dad to just hang out. Unfortunately the cherry blossoms weren't blooming yet but we had really nice weather while I was there which was great.
so touristy!
Native American Museum / Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History 

One of the best things about DC is that most of the museums are FREE. I have been to many of them before, so these were the only two I actually visited on this trip. Walking through the Natural History museum brought back a lot of childhood memories. I highly recommend it.
The Hope Diamond / Smithsonian taking the color of the year to a whole new level
The dinosaurs were my favorite as a kid as was the room with all of the creepy crawlies in it. Ick!

The Carousel (I could not convince my sister to go on it with me unfortunately) / Roy Lichtenstein Brushstroke sculpture

 A few of the cherry blossoms were confused, I wasn't mad about it at all. They're so gorgeous!

The Jefferson Memorial

Sorry for the photo overload. I still love DC, there is so much history there and I love that there were so many people just running and playing sports all around all of the monuments. I would love to have that view every day. 

Happy Monday, thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! This looks like an amazing trip!

    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com
    www.daisyraeboutique.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)