Friday, January 31, 2014

Exploring France


These are my last photos from my trip to France. I really enjoyed travelling around the villages and admiring all the old architecture, plus most of the villages are very cutesy. France is so different than the United States in so many ways, especially the way they preserve things. I'm sure many of these buildings are hundreds of years old but they take care of what they already have instead of just building new like we do here. I also love the fact that they have markets most days of the week. I don't know if it's just because I live in Salt Lake but I would love to be able to go to a market more than just on the weekends! 
 

These photos were taken in Montpellier- the closest large city to where my Grandparents live. My grandpa calls it mini Paris and some of the main streets really do look like Paris. 

Another day we took a trip to see the Millau Viaduct and it was breathtaking. Apparently it's the tallest bridge in the world (fact of the day!) and if you are ever in the South of France you should definitely go see it :) - but here are a few photos
 
So worth the trip. Can't wait to go back!

xo


1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)