Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Christmas Day

I know this post is a little late, we have put the holidays behind us haven't we? But I still wanted to share my little taste of Christmas in France. Most of my trip was pretty laid back and Christmas was no exception. We spent the day around the fire drinking wine, playing cards, and watching my grandfather prep dinner :)
Our little Christmas tree and presents from Papa Noel

For dinner we had roasted tomatoes and shallots, veal chops, and polenta. Simple but delicious!
The newspapers are the grease guard- not a fire hazard.....

The finished product! My grandpa did a great job
After dinner we took a walk, AKA our "constitutional". The neighbor down the road is a vigneron, meaning that he grows the grapes and sells them to the co-op to make wine. Because of this, all of the property around my grandparents house is surrounded by grape vines - not such a bad thing!






Sunset on the grape vines. France, you are beautiful.
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)