Thursday, February 5, 2015

Funky

In January I was totally in some sort of weird funk. When I got back from France I was excited to be home, with family and friends, and was just enjoying the holidays while I still could. Then January hit and the reality started to set in that I wasn't in school anymore and I had to find a real, full-time job -let the panic sink in.


I didn't think it would be too hard. I wasn't trying to apply for the New York Times or Google or something. Just something that would keep me busy, and something I really enjoy doing; administrative support. After countless resumes being sent out all month, I have only received one phone call for a job referred by a friend of a friend. I have really started to get down on myself and feel really useless. 

But February is going to be better! I'm picking myself up, dusting myself off and changing my attitude. Starting with a to-do list! Nothing puts me in a better mood than having a list to check things off of.

1. Make use of my baguette pans I got for my birthday. 
2. Write those last blog posts about France I have been putting off
3. Try something new! Maybe a Barre class or one of those Paint/Drink nights
4. Finish a book (currently reading Wild! - any recommendations are appreciated!)
5. Stick to going to the gym 4-5 days a week.

When you are in a weird funk what do you do to get out of it? I'd love to hear some advice!


1 comment:

  1. Lists are a wonderful way of feeling accomplished. Especially when you get to CROSS STUFF OFF!! Paint/drink night sounds like fun - I'll join you. (hic) Barre class too.
    I agree Attitude has a lot to do with it. Positive outlook is the best way to be. Don't dwell on yesterday, focus on tomorrow and all the possibilities it can bring. xoxo mom

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)