Monday, January 12, 2015

Goodbye, 2014

I cannot believe how fast time truly flies and another year is over! 2014 was a good one and I'm sad to see it go. I traveled to many new places, met lots of amazing people, GRADUATED from COLLEGE and even lived in Paris for a period of time. 
This year has inspired me to travel even more and take advantage of the things that are right in my backyard. Here are a few of my favorite photos from 2014.

January-  I saw my very first Sundance Movie and sat in the best seats ever at a Jazz game.

February - Celebrated my sisters' 21st (!!!) birthday with a delicious cake from Gourmandise, learned to check your order before you leave, and enjoyed the snow.

March- Took an impromptu trip to Las Vegas for spring break with Brady, made our first stop at Utah's favorite sugar cookie place - Swig, and visited Gordon at BURGR in Vegas.


April- Worked on my last semester of classes with breaks at Beer Bar, got some new succulents which I am sad to say didn't make it....

May - I walked at Graduation! (even though it was kind of a fake-out with my final class in the summer).

June- Packed up Vera and headed to my favorite city on the east coast!

Walked a ton and celebrated my Grandparents' 50th wedding Anniversary at Jean Georges.

July - All American month with burgers, beer, and baseball games and a few Facetime calls with my best friend Devin while she was abroad


 I ate a lot in July too - this greek taquito thing from Spitz which everyone needs to try at least once and those GIANT snowcones from Hokulia in Sugarhouse. 

I also toured the new S.J. Quinney College of Law, which has a killer view of downtown, and the whole valley really. 

 I also hiked up to Cecret Lake to see the wildflowers blooming and then headed off to San Francisco to get my visa squared away. 


August- I jetted off to Oahu with my family for a Hawaiian vacation



September- I headed off to start my study abroad in Paris, France.
I spent my days wandering around Paris, went to Giverny and met some new friends.
 Saw Steve Harvey outside the Valentino show during PFW (along with many other people) and bonded with my travel buddy Sheamanti!

October - Travel month! Took a boat ride along the Seine, attended the wine festival at Sacre Coeur. 
Saw some Chateaux in the Loire Valley.
Visited the D-Day beaches of Normandy and the Abbey Mont St Michel
Then for fall break I headed off to Ireland, Scotland and London!
November- A weekend trip to my Grandparents', Bruges and Amsterdam. 
^That is my favorite room in the world. 
Bruges is probably one of my favorite places I went. I am still going to do a whole post dedicated to it
Amsterdam is what dreams are made of- seriously this place was amazing!!

December started with a trip to my grandparents' house, wandering the streets of Paris, and ended with a white Christmas and my 24th birthday.


Thanks, 2014, you're going to be a hard one to beat!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)