Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Fairy Tale

One of my very favorite places I had the chance to visit while I was in Europe was this little fairy tale city called Bruges in Belgium. It's basically a city geared towards tourists (and they're not afraid to admit it) but it's so beautiful and, in my opinion, totally worth visiting.
My friend Sheamanti and I made this an overnight trip. Most hostels have a two night minimum on weekends because they claim one day is not enough and people leave wanting more. I thought that was kind of crap - it's such a small city that a lot of people do in just a day, why would I want to stay longer? Trust me when I say - You will want to stay longer!!!

We took the train from Paris on a Friday night, which takes about 2 hours, got to our hostel and were immediately welcomed by everyone with a beer tasting at the hostels' bar. Belgian Beer is definitely the best I have ever had!
These are the 5 I got to try in the tasting! The Duvel and Brugge Zot! were my favorites
 (bonus - they sell Duvel in UT!) 


The next day we just wandered around and everywhere we turned I fell more and more in love with this little city. It truly is so beautiful!

We stopped by in this shop that makes coo coo clocks and it's like Christmas threw up in there. I loved it.


We of course had to get a Belgian waffle (and "ruined" it by putting all sorts of toppings on it - whoops ;)

My travel buddy! Our philosophy to life "Will Travel For Food"- it works!! // The outside of Chez Albert!
We used this map (with really weird graphics) to get around the city. It had lots of tips of where to go from locals and was a great resource!

The other thing I really enjoyed about Bruges is that some of the main areas are really crowded but for the most part you can just be wandering the streets on your own.
Look at all that BEER!


 Bruges, I will be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)