Friday, December 26, 2014

London and a Merry Christmas

The last stop on my fall break was London! I had been here before but didn't realize how much I liked the city until this trip. I was horrible about taking photos while I was there so I don't have many to share but here goes! The girls' I was traveling with had never been here before so I showed them the little that I did know and then started to check things off the list that I missed. We stayed in South Kensington (at a hostel- nothing fancy!) and grabbed a scone before heading over to Harrods. I didn't know how heavenly just plain scones were until now.
We spent a lot of time in Covent Garden wandering around the shops and admiring their Christmas decorations (in October) and then Shake Shack appeared and answered my prayers with a Pumpkin Pie concrete. There is NOTHING pumpkin in Paris and fall without pumpkin is empty and depressing. So whoever came up with putting a slice of pumpkin pie in ice cream and offering it the weekend I was in London, thank you!

We went and saw the sights and took some touristy pictures. It was windy. 

I made my way over to the Tate Modern Museum - which I loved and it's free!

And then we brightened up our day at Cath Kidston before heading back to Paris!
That's it for London!

I also wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas! I wore my pajamas inside out and Utah was blanketed with fresh snow for Christmas day - it was glorious. My mom made "Thanksgiving dinner" and the entire day was spend lounging around and eating. I hope you had a great day too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)