Sunday, December 7, 2014

Paris

So I have done quite a bit of traveling but what about the city I am in 90% of the time? Ya know... this one?

Paris has been wonderful and horrible at the same time. There are days where I just can't wait to get out, and others where I never want to leave. 

A normal day for me is like this (I know you're dying to know):
8AM - wake up, drink instant coffee, get dressed, etc.
9:15 AM- to the Metro - hopefully it's not packed - did you bring your hand sanitizer?
9:45 AM - get off the metro -  stop by the grocery store and get some fruit - is it a croissant day? most likely, yes.
10 AM- class - these three hours will go by fast, right?
1 PM - get out of class, grab lunch, then my favorite part: EXPLORE PARIS
7 PM - get home and wait around for dinner at 8, then bed

Here's more of the exploring Paris part...
Everyday after class I try to do something different. There are so many things to see here and three months is not enough time to see them all so I have to make the most of my days. I also love trying new restaurants and am always seeking them out here - especially ones that aren't going to break the bank!
^When my aunt and uncle were in town we went to this famous taxidermy store called Deyrolle. I'm not one for dead animals but I thought those butterflies were gorgeous! // Cosi is one of my FAVORITE places to grab lunch here. All the sandwiches are delicious and it's a great deal for the price. It's like Paris Panera Bread. (I know, so American). 

The Christmas decorations at Printemps (left) and Galleries Lafayette (right). Galleries Lafayette's theme this year is the Noel Monster and they have these really odd window displays that kind of remind me of Sesame Street or the Muppets - not sure what it has to do with Christmas though. 

The Rodin Museum - one of the hidden treasures in Paris. Everyone knows about the Louvre and the d'Orsay, and there are reasons for that, but this is one of my absolute favorites here so far. // 
"I'm thinking...I'm thinking...."- Night at the Museum. That's "The Thinker" on the right or Le Penseur in French. 

My grandparents told me about this store called Thanksgiving. Yes, they do sell (almost) everything you could want for Thanksgiving - and if you are craving Funfetti Cake or Nerds they have that too! 

The infamous "Love Lock" bridge aka the Pont des Arts - which is really depressing now. The locks are weighing down the bridge so they are trying to find a way to replace the sides so you can't put them up anymore - the city covers the sides with wood, which is then covered in graffiti. Not as pretty now as it used to be. 

Stained glass windows at Sainte Chapelle // Le Bon Marche is the best way to spend a rainy day on the left bank.

Canal Saint-Martin - a really cool area of Paris that is not very well known. There are tons of cute little restaurants and parks around. Would be great on a summer day! // Holybelly. Another one of my favorite cafe's here that reminds me of home. I love the quote on their board that states "Holybelly - Where the customer is always loved. But ain't always right". The staff here is great and so is the food.

That's all for now!
xo



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)