Tuesday, August 13, 2013

The Salt Flats

 Katie and I decided to drive out to the Bonneville Salt Flats while she was here. I'd never been, seen pictures of them but heard they were a sight to see in person. What are the salt flats? They are like a desert, but instead of sand or dirt, the ground is pure salt. They are a remnant of a body of water that dried up and all that is left is the flats. It's really odd and of course we had to taste it to make sure it was salt (it is). If you live in Utah, or are traveling through, it's definitely worth a stop. (word of advice: don't drive on them unless you want to be cleaning salt off your car for a week afterwards :) live and learn, right?)






Love you Katie! Thanks for visiting me!!
 
So there you have the salt flats! Just miles and miles of salt. They are not the biggest ones in the world, but I will take it.
School starts in just TWO short weeks so I am trying to soak up any last bit of summer that I can. Mainly by watching Breaking Bad, drinking these and eating peaches (from the farmers market of course!). If you haven't gotten peaches from the farmers market go NOW! They are delicious and if you are in Salt Lake, I recommend Wilson's or Tagge's (both have booths at the downtown farmers market). 
Happy Tuesday! 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)