Wednesday, August 7, 2013

My First Hike

I have lived in Utah for almost 7 years and I had never been on a hike until a few weeks ago. One of my very best friends, Katie, came to visit me for the first time and it seemed like the perfect opportunity to venture into the great outdoors. We decided on Donut Falls, named because the water goes through a doughnut-shaped hole. It's a pretty great beginners hike if you are ever visiting Utah. I may have to frequent Big Cottonwood more often, especially when the leaves are changing in a few months.
Katie..always choosing the safe route ;)
Two of my very favorite people in one place, doesn't happen very often! I love when my East coast friends visit.
 The donut falls^^
Sometimes it's really easy to take this place for granted. Sure, Utah has its quirks (some good, some bad), but it really is a beautiful place. I think it may be growing on me just a bit :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)