Thursday, May 30, 2013

Chinatown, MOMA and a Walk through the Park

There was one super rainy day and we had already planned to go down to Chinatown and explore, so we decided to give it a try anyways despite the rain. We hopped on the subway and headed downtown. It was pouring so hard but we found the Doughnut Plant (with only $8 in cash, crap!). Two donuts later and seriously regretting not stopping by the ATM beforehand, we headed over to Chinatown to go to lunch at the Golden Unicorn for dim sum (someone recommended it to Brady at his work). 
Seriously bring CASH to the doughnut plant, and lots of it. Those donuts are so delicious. We have been talking about them ever since we got home and there is nothing like it in Salt Lake (if I am wrong, please educate me! Or don't because I probably don't need to be eating those anyways). 
Neither of us are very adventurous when it comes to Asian cuisine. Indian, Mediterranean, Italian,  French, Spanish, Mexican. American, Thai? Yes. Chinese/Japanese food? Not so much. We ordered 3 small plates (fried chicken feet-ick! (Brady's choice), shrimp dumplings and spinach dumplings). I did actually enjoy the shrimp dumplings. I was not adventurous enough to try the chicken feet. Brady was a champ about it though. I wish we had gone with someone who knew exactly what to order. Ha I think the people serving us were kind of laughing at how clueless we were. Next time! At least we tried, right? Thats what we were telling ourselves anyways, and that we should have brought more cash for the doughnut plant. 


After the Golden Unicorn, we headed back uptown and headed to MOMA. MOMA is my favorite museum in NYC, the MET is second. I love modern art.
These last few pictures are actually from our last day before we headed to the airport (I still have one more post I want to share but it was wayy too many pictures). We made all the last minute stops to FAO, Payard, Central Park, and made a quick stop at Lincoln Center. 
^This was incredible!
 
 ^^my hair hates humidity

Tomorrow is Friday! That is something to look forward to, right? Have a great Thursday!
Thanks for reading.
xo, Amy

1 comment:

  1. Now I want doughnuts!

    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com
    www.daisyraeboutique.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)