Sunday, November 16, 2014

Deux Châteaux

After spending the night in Tours, we headed to the next château, Château de Chambord.

This place is so massive! It's the biggest château in the Loire Valley and (only) has 365 fireplaces - one for each day of the year. My favorite part was this staircase in the middle. The guy who built it was basically a ladies man, so he built this staircase that is a double-helix design so that two people could be walking on it, could see each other through the center, but would never meet. How clever! 

We were told that this is also the Château that inspired the castle in Beauty and the Beast. 



 So many staircases!

 The back of the château with the dreaded scaffolding...
My friends and I always joke about the scaffolding. You see these pictures of these beautiful places and you go there and they are always being restored. 
My friends and I walking through the gardens at the castle. Thanks to Marissa for snapping this photo! (I actually have FRIENDS....haha). My housemom asked me one day if I had any friends, which was kind of embarrassing and funny, especially since I am no means a home-body in Paris. But here is the picture to prove it ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)