Monday, October 13, 2014

Une Journée à Giverny

A few weekends ago my friends and I took a trip to Giverny to visit Monet's house and gardens. Meeting up with friends here is quite the experience every time. None of us have French phones, and I don't have an international plan, so unless we have wi-fi it's impossible to communicate. It's funny how reliable we all are on technology and it's kind of like a game to not have access to it. We learned pretty quickly that if we haven't been somewhere before, we meet at a place we all know and then travel together. Much easier that way. We are slowly getting the hang of this! It's funny to think that our parents, grandparents, etc. didn't have cell phones and they did just fine. Pathetic.



Anyways, we found each other, got to the train station, barely made our train and ended up standing the whole time (insiders tip: get there early!!) but made it to Vernon in one piece. From Vernon we took the bus to Giverny and spent a lot of time walking around the little town. It's so nice to get out of Paris on the weekends. I never thought I would say that but it's true!

 I am obsessed with these Dahlia's. They sell them in the flower markets here in Paris too and there is nothing like them. 
 Don't I look French?? Oh the joys of not having your luggage.



Monet's house and gardens were stunning. These pictures don't even do it justice. If you are in Paris: GO! The pond was my favorite part. I felt like I was in one of his paintings and I think I could sit there for hours and never get sick of it. Giverny is truly beautiful. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)